Friday, February 3, 2012

My Favorite Five

I have five things I did on my 30 Before 30 list that are my absolute favorite and I'm so happy that I accomplished.

5. The Boys of Summer Are Back I LOVE baseball and especially love going to games at Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies. Last year I was able to go to Opening Day and it was incredible! The overall atmosphere was amazing, people were fun and downtown was buzzing with excitement.

4. The Avett Bros. at Red Rocks I go to a lot of concerts and a lot of good ones, but this is definitely in the top 5 of my all time favorite shows. I know how lucky I am to live in Colorado and have the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater down the road. I'm also lucky that I have been able to see some pretty amazing shows there, including the Summer 2011 Avett Brothers. Seeing them live made me love them more and more.

3. Road Trip Have I mentioned how much I love my native state of Colorado? No, well read this post and you'll her and see all the reasons I will never call another place home. Even when I lived in another state, Colorado was always my home. The Summer 2011 road trip to Durango was simply incredible. I took some really amazing photos, visited a great friend and enjoyed all that Summer in Colorado has to offer. My only regret is not taking my fly rod but this trip was a bit too short for that.

2. Go for a Hike Like the start to this post states, I never intended my wanting to take a hike to turn into climbing Pikes Peak. It took about eight hours to summit the 14,110 foot peak but it worth every minute! My friend Luz first brought this idea to my attention as a fundraiser she was doing for her God mother and the Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado. I'm so happy that she included me and that Pikes Peak was my first 14er. I can't wait to do more this summer!

1. Learn to Fly Fish This is what I was most wanting to do on my list and the one thing I'm happiest I actually did! I've been wanting to learn how to fly fish for some time now, and last summer I finally did. Turns out that I'm a pretty good fisher woman. I'm counting down the days until it's warm enough for me to go fishing again. I absolutely love doing it and know it will be something I continue for the rest of my life, or for my next 30 years.

As I prepare for this next chapter in my life, Mother Nature has decided to dump a blizzard in my backyard. So, it looks like I will be taking it easy this weekend and postponing my birthday bash for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...