Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What will be my generation's legacy?

I was watching a movie the other night where Edgar Allan Poe & Mark Twain were quoted and I began asking myself who the great writers of today are and if their work will stand the test of time. That thought then manifested itself into the topic of today's blog, What will be the Gen Y legacy?

Are there Gen Yers out there creating masterpieces that will undoubtedly shape the minds of future generations? I don't know. Or will Gen Y be remembered more for not speaking in complete sentences, texting acronyms instead of writing love letters and founding the social networking scene that leaves its dedicated followers actually more anti-social and socially awkward than before? Perhaps.

Following the 40 year anniversary of the Woodstock ('69) festival, the question again surfaces the forefront of my thoughts, what will my generation leave behind, what will my kids think? Will our legacy, whatever it will be, be the source of documentaries and define what Gen Y is/was?

1 comment:

  1. That's a very interesting question.

    (Though I'm Gen X.)

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...