Monday, July 11, 2011

The Avett Brothers at Red Rocks


Not only was I able to scratch #5 off my 30 Before 30 list, but I did it at an Avett Brothers concert! Number five is, attend a concert at Red Rocks. You don't have to be from Colorado to know about Red Rocks, it's famous. Literally. Everyone who is anyone has played it, even The Beatles!

The Avett Brothers show was last weekend, July 9 and it was amazing. I went with my friends, Anne and Andrew.
Grace Poter and the Nocturnals opened the show and while I didn't know what to expect, they killed it.It did rain for a little bit, but nothing bad and hey...I was finally able to use the poncho that my Mom made my buy before going off to college in the summer of 2000. Can you believe that this red, plastic, $1 poncho has traveled with me for the last 11 years?!

There aren't many places I'd rather be than at a show at Red Rocks. It's the most beautiful place to see a show and I'm not sure if it's because everyone is stoned but the people who attend Red Rocks shows are by far the most chill, fun, concert-goers you can ask to be around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...