Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Number 18 - Better Known as Fly Fishing

I did it...finally. I've been saying since 2007 that I wanted to learn to Fly Fish. It didn't happen the summer of 2007 because I was still working in news, at KOAA, and was extremely busy working weekends. In the summer of 2008 is when my Mom passed away and my grieving pretty much consumed the entire summer and then some. 2009 is when I bought my house, was remodeling it day and night and in every spare minute I had. 2010 my Blazer had to have major surgery and getting geared up for Fly Fishing isn't cheap so my plans were once again put on hold.

But...it's 2011 and hot damn, I did it!

Above is a picture of me on the South Platte River, just West of Deckers, CO. I honestly did really well with my fishing lessons and was the only person in the class to catch a fish last Saturday! And, I didn't just catch one, I caught two!

This is a picture of the drive home. It was such a gorgeous day and it also happened to be my Mother's Birthday. She would have been 57. All during the drive I kept thinking of her and how she would have loved the landscape of where I was. Both of us have a deep appreciation for Colorado Open Space.

I honestly had so much fun and I can't wait to go back again soon! Scratch Number 18 off that 30 Before 30 List... I'm a Fly Fisherwoman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...