Monday, December 14, 2009

My 2010-ish Top Ten List

With 2010 right around the corner, I've been hearing a lot of Top 10 of the last 10 years, Best of the Decade type lists so I thought I would make my own.

The past decade has been a time of learning for me. From turning 18 in 2000 to turning 28 in 2010, a lot has happened that I never counted on and almost everything I was sure would happen, has yet to.

This list is something I would give to ambitious young women preparing to broaden their minds with a higher education, or myself 10 years ago.

10. You really won't have everything figured out when you're 28. Yes, it seems far away, but in reality it's not.

09. College is important and getting your degree is a must, but you shouldn't stress out about grades. You'll do fine but leave room for random Wednesday night fun.

08. Talk to the cute guy in the student center, it won't hurt and only gets harder to meet qualified men the older you get.

07. Be nice to your siblings, they'll get you out of a lot of tight spaces in the years to come.

06. Friends are nice to have around, but you have to live with yourself everyday, be true to you first.

05. Your career is important, but never turn down a trip to Paris with your Mother & Sister because you don't want to ask for the time off work.

04. Good girlfriends are hard to find.

03. You don't always have to say "Yes" and it is okay to say "No".

02. Don't' think you're too good for any job, "You'll do it and you'll like it." - quote courtesy of Meredith (one of my good girlfriends)

01. A little confidence goes a long way, believe in yourself and watch everyone else follow!

2 comments:

  1. very well said! You are amazing and by far the best person to have a blog :) Keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...