Wednesday, February 1, 2012

50 out of 50 Ain't Bad

Only three days left until I hit middle age and yes, I see 30 as middle age. Here's why:

Middle age is the period of age beyond young adulthood but before the onset of old age. Various attempts have been made to define this age, which is around the third quarter of the average life span of human beings.
via Wikipedia


While the journalist in my finds great disdain for Wikipedia, I can't argue with the description of middle age posted on the site.


The title of today's blog is 50 out of 50 Ain't Bad because that's about the percentage I got done from my 30 Before 30 list.


Here's what I have left and why.

1. Go Snowshoeing - I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.

10. Go to Church - It's a very intimidating idea plus I really enjoy sleeping in on Sundays.

12 Run a 5K - I truly hate running and this may never happen, let's just be honest.

13. Take a pole dancing fitness class - Kept waiting on a LivingSocial deal to come through, it did not.

14. Go to the movies alone - Once I missed Twilight in the theaters this seemed less appealing.

20. Go to Mardi Gras - This was never going to happen since Mardi Gras falls before my 30th bday.

22. Buy and read a Sunday Denver Post - Again with loving lazy Sundays.

26. Visit Rocky Mountain National Park - I did travel through multiple National Parks this summer, just never RMNP.

27. Go to a CSU Football game - Maybe this new coach will make the games more interesting.

30. Get my palms read in Boulder - This was a long-shot anyway, I mean it's Boulder...

Throughout the rest of the week and counting down until I can kiss my youth good-bye, I will be posting/revisiting previous posts about the more successful aspects from the 30 Before 30 list...the items I actually crossed off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...