Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gratitude Challenge 26-27

November 26 - I'm grateful that I am prepared for the worst.

Sunday morning I tried a new (to me) restaurant with my family called Jelly. It was delish and we all enjoyed it, until 3 out of 4 of us got food poising. My sister, brother-in-law and I all had their biscuits and then all three of us became severely ill. Food poising is one of the absolute worst things because you can't drink anything or eat anything and you feel miserable. I've only had it twice in my life but it's two times too many. And this time my skin even hurt. Weird, right?! Well, that's where the gratitude challenge comes in because I'm grateful that I always keep ginger ale, saltines, chicken soup and jell-o in the house so I can be prepared when disaster strikes. I will add that there's one good thing about food poising. It only usually lasts about 24 hours and today I'm feeling a lot better.

November 27 - I'm grateful for sick days.

Sick days are one of those things that are easy to take for granted. But when you need to use them, they're invaluable. I'm grateful that the company I work for gives employees sick days as part of our benefits and that I don't have to worry about anything but feeling better when I am under the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...