Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Challenge, Day 3

One month from today, I turn 29. I can't believe this is the last year of my 20's. There have definitely been some highs and lows, but I think that's to be expected and I'm really looking forward to my 30 Before 30 list. I got the original idea from the blog, hello, splendor and think it's a great idea! This journey will begin when my 28-day Challenge is over. So now to it...

Today I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle what lay ahead. After being awake for a while and arriving to work, I still sort of feel this way. I'm a little tired and have already sucked my first smoothie down.


Today's smoothie is my own concoction again of mixed frozen fruit, a banana, one cup of diet cranberry juice and one cup of water. It's pretty delish!

For lunch I'm having left overs from last night; half a chicken breast, half a sweet potato and a salad. My snacks again will be a green apple with peanut butter and the other serving of my smoothie. It's sad that it's only 9 a.m. and I'm already really looking forward to lunch!

So, this challenge isn't just about what you stick in your mouth, it's also about clearing your mind and making a change for the better both, physically and mentally. So far I've only really committed to the physical part. However, I have started listening to my body which was recommended.

For me, this challenge is about re-directing my mind when it comes to meals. For instance last night if I were not doing the challenge, I would have eaten the entire chicken breast and sweet potato. As I made my dinner plate I was a little worried that I'd be really hungry but as it turns out, smaller portions may be easier that I once thought. After a typical meal I would also have something sweet because I LOVE desert. But this week I haven't had anything sweet (excluding the peanut butter I eat with my apple, which by the way is from heaven) and I'm not missing it. The one thing I would like to get better at is drinking more water. I typically only have about one liter a day and I need to up the anty to two!

As for the no caffeine, I miss it and can't lie. I'm really looking forward to Sunday morning when I can make a fresh pot of pecan pie coffee!

Tonight I'm going to meet my friend Anne for Zumba! I think my body is up for it after adjusting to the new routine and I'm looking forward to some physical activity!

26 days to go...




2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in the 28 day challenge. After reading your post from yesterday I checked out the website but wasn't able to find any type of meal plans for each week. Are you making up your own or can you tell me where to find them on the site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! If you go to http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/4-week-makeover there's a tab called Food & Recipes where you can find a lot of good suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...