Friday, November 23, 2012

Gratitude Challenge 24-25

November 24 - I'm grateful I have enough to eat.

No other time of the year encourages binging like the holidays. While I have plenty to eat all year long, I know there are others who are not so lucky. I recognize how fortunate I am and am grateful for the food I do have.

November 25 - I'm grateful for perspective.

I pride myself on being able to see both sides to any situation most of the time. I think it's important to try and understand how my actions affect others. I'm so grateful that I have perspective and am able to have empathy at times when others do not. I think a lot of this comes from my never really getting over being a journalist and having to analyze both sides of any situation, but whatever it is that allows me to do this, I'm grateful for and hope that I never take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...