Monday, November 19, 2012

Gratitude Challenge 17-18

November 17 - I'm grateful for unanswered prayers.

You know, like that Garth Brooks song? Except for running into past lovers at high school football games, I agree with this song. I too am grateful for unanswered prayers. If I'd gotten the things I asked for in college I would have never left Colorado and lived in Missouri, all alone, for a year and a half pursuing my dream of becoming the next Barbara Walters. If I'd gotten the things I'd asked for even a few years ago, I would never have had half of the experiences that I now look back on with great fondness. I'm grateful for the way my life has turned out so far and can't wait to see what's next because we all know that trying to plan it is worthless.

November 18 - I'm grateful for clean water.

It's the little things in life that are so easy to take for granted, like clean running water. And having access to this natural resource isn't something that is considered "little" by many in the world. Being fortunate enough to grow up with water that would come out of the tap, at my command and at any temperature I wanted, it's sometimes difficult to imagine that not everyone has this. I'm thankful that there are organizations like Water for People whose mission it is to bring clean, safe drinking water to those without.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...