Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Gratitude Challenge 15-16

November 15 - I'm grateful for my friends.

 I've known Annie since I was a sophomore at CSU. We both worked in the journalism department and our friendship has lasted for more than a decade. While it's gotten more difficult to keep in touch because of distance, work, etc. we were able to catch up this week and it felt great! I can always depend on Annie to listen and give me pretty good advice. I only wish she still lived in Denver. We did have some great times together!


I also met Cara at CSU but our friendship flourished through a mutual friend at the time. The best thing about Cara in my book is, you get what you see with her. She's not a B.Ser and that's something I appreciate and cherish in our friendship. I don't get to see her as often as I'd like because we live on opposite sides of the state but when I do see her, it's like no time has passed.
I became friends with Anne after joining a sorority at CSU and Andrew lived in the frat house across the street. (can you sense a theme here about where I met my friends?) Anyway, my friendship with Anne continues to this day and luckily for me we live really close to one another so we're able to see each other more frequently! As for Andrew, he's turned into my go-to concert buddy. He's one of the most fun people I've ever met and after leaving his company my face hurts from laughing and smiling so much.


Well, I didn't meet Luz at CSU, shocking I know, we actually went to middle and high school together which means I've known her for a very long time (no need to count it out here). We've had lots of fun time together and I'm so lucky to call her my friend. She's a great person who always has a great attitude.



I'm lucky in that I have a great group of friends and people I can call in at any time and vice versa. The people above hold special places in my heart and that's why they got a special shout-out but I also had photos with them so that helped...haha!


November 16 - I'm grateful for my health.

After working for the American Cancer Society for three years and a blood bank in Colorado for the last year, I unfortunately hear about people who are battling some type of disease. Some cases turn out to be stories of hope, courage and ultimately triumph but there are also the stories of struggle, suffering and heart breaking loss. I'm grateful for my health because I realize that in a heartbeat it can be taken away from me. I could be diagnosed with cancer, a blood disorder or be in a crippling car accident. I try to count my blessings every day and not take one day that's given to me for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...