Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 3

Yesterday was SO difficult! After going from eating all the yummy Christmas treats to no sugar, my body was turning on me. Or it could have been my mind but either way I caved and had a cookie. But, it was just one small cookie so I don't feel all that bad about it!

I did wake up feeling pretty great and think I'm adjusting to no morning joe. Although I do miss it more than sugar, I have been strong and not caved on the no caffeine rule. Yay me!




Last night I had a salad with half a grilled chicken breast and some steamed broccoli. I put fines herbs seasoning on the chicken before grilling, it's one of my fav ways to do chicken! I also added mushrooms to my salad. I made the dressing out of some Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil and the raspberry/thyme vinegar I got this year at the Denver Botanic Gardens Christmas expo. It was also delish and I'm really looking forward to lunch!



For breakfast I had the other half of my green smoothie (from yesterday's post). Tomorrow morning I'm going to make the Blueberry/Green Tea smoothie with a few tweaks. I'm going to use frozen blueberries (that I bought when they were in season and then froze, I'm so smart) and leave the green tea liquid. We'll see how it turns out but I have found out that it's pretty hard to screw up a smoothie, so it's one item that I can make!



I also brought a couple of Cuties. I have a huge bowl full of them after my shopping trip to Sams' Club. You couldn't be the price and they're a really good snack. I'm sure the people in my office will be sick of the smell of orange soon, but it could be worse!



25 days to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...