Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 4

TGIF! I know this has been a short week, but it's been a doozie! I'm ready to relax and have some fun this weekend!

Last night I slipped again. I met some friends for dinner and a diner, horrible decision I might add, but I think the choice I made was pretty good due to circumstances. I ended up having green chili soup and a small salad. But here's the slip up, I also had a tortilla. But, only one. Two came on the side of the soup after all!




Today I am back at it and feel pretty good. I did have to take the pic above at work because I forgot to do it at home, oh well.


I ended up making the blueberry and green tea smoothie (see yesterday's post for a link to the recipe) and it's not that bad! I think some yogurt would help it along but it's doing the job today and that's all that matters.


I also brought two Cuties, a quarter cup of the raw almond/cashew and dried cranberry mixture, the other half of my smoothie and an apple with some almond butter. For dinner, I think I'll try either the kale slaw or have a sweet potato. We'll see how it goes once I make it home!



This challenge has given me some other great ideas like



  • Making my own almond butter - I looked it up online and it doesn't seem so hard. I am actually really looking forward to using the food processor my Dad got me for Christmas!


  • Not being so wasteful - I've been eating A LOT of Cuties and I recently saw where orange peel has great health benefits. So, I did some searching and found this, dried orange peel and sugar scrub. I think it looks super easy to do and I'm looking forward to making it!


This weekend, I plan on making the peanut butter and banana smoothie, making some kale chips and just having a nice relaxing weekend where I can get caught up on everything since the holidays. I'm going to try and stick to the challenge, and I think I can although not having coffee on weekend mornings may end up being really difficult, but it's only one weekend, right?!



24 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...