Monday, January 10, 2011

The Challenge, Day 8



I did really well with The Challenge over the weekend! I couldn't believe myself, but I had so much will power it was pretty incredible! Saturday I stuck with the detox pretty good until dinner. I went to Chinese and ordered the sesame chicken but did get brown rice. I didn't eat the whole thing and left the left overs in my date's fridge.

I was also pretty good Sunday. I did have coffee which was delish and can't wait till I add it back into my routine regularly! I also made some 16 bean soup yesterday in my crockpot and it was the perfect meal on such a snowy Sunday.

For today, I have a mixed frozen fruit smoothie (split in two servings), a green apple with two teaspoons of peanut butter, a serving of my bean soup and a handful of baby carrots.


Tonight, I'm really excited about making a dish that's been on my mind for a while and one I've been craving, grilled eggplant and tomatoes. My recipe is pretty similar to the one I linked on here but omits the goat cheese. I even scrapped off my grill this morning so I'll be able to use it later today. Crazy that I'll be out grilling in single digits but I don't mind!


Today's challenge is to say "No" to multitasking and "Yes" to meditation. I will try but this may be tricky. I don't feel productive unless I have multiple things happening at once.

20 more days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...