Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Challenge, Day 9

Even though the temps last night were only in the single digits, I still fired up my grill and man, oh man am I glad I did! My grilled eggplant with tomatoes and lemon vinaigrette dressing was delish! I am a carnivore and love my meat, so I never thought I would enjoy vegetarian dishes so much but the eggplant really was quite meaty. I'm really looking forward to having the left overs for lunch today.

In addition to the grilled eggplant left overs, I'm having a smoothie for breakfast, an apple with peanut butter for a snack and a cup of my bean soup also for lunch. It's freezing here today and I need something to warm me from the inside out!

Tonight I'm really looking forward to making the Creamy Kale Salad. I've never had kale in a salad before so this should be interesting.

I think I may also toast up half of an english muffin to have with dinner so I can begin slowly reintroducing wheat into my diet again.

Today's challenge is to Tame the Tension. I think I can do this, however it may be difficult to find a hobby on such sort notice! Maybe my hobby can be going to the gym?! I like it and need to get back into my routine. I must admit, it's been a little difficult hitting the gym because it's so packed with all the people trying to fulfill their New Year's Resolutions. Maybe my hobby can be doing pilates at home three nights/mornings a week? YES! I accept this challenge.

19 Days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...