Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Karen, You Took a Page Right Out of My Book...

By Karen, I mean Karen Carpenter...from The Carpenters. And I'm talking about her song, Rainy Days & Mondays. I am kidding when I say she took a page from my book but whenever it rains I can't help but this song! And lucky you, it's a rainy day.



Rainy days always remind me of the time I lived in Joplin, Missouri. The grey days we rarely have here in Denver are just like the grey days that would last for weeks in the 4States. At the time I HATED it. Growing up in Colorado, you get used to seeing the sun on a daily basis and many Natives have a hard time functioning without it. My Mom always used to say this and it's something I've come to believe!

However, when we have grey, yucky days I am fondly reminded of my days living in the Midwest. It was an adventure to say the least! I made some amazing friends whom I love dearly and learned so much about myself. It was the first time I was truly alone.

All through school, University included, I always had people around that I knew. But when I moved to Joplin, MO I knew not one soul. It was terrifying but also liberating and some days I miss the good ole 4States. It was a time when all was right with the world. I absolutely LOVED my job. I would even go in early and stay late most days just because I loved being a broadcast journalist so much.

Nowadays, I enjoy the freedom and compensation (time off :) I have not being the intrepid reporter but am happy I can look back and smile and that I have something to smile about on grey, yucky days too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...