Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Words to Live by...

I was reading my Body+Soul magazine the other evening (thanks Sis for the subscription) and a quote at the bottom of a page really got me thinking.

It read,

"Here's the magic soap; Your own attention is what spiritualizes things, Attention to the meal you cook, the clothes you wash, Attention is love. And that's transformative."

I just love this saying and have noticed how true it really is! When I care about what I'm cooking, it tastes better and the other weekend when I was weeding my backyard, I noticed how much nicer things looked because I took the time to care about what I was doing.

This is something I'm trying to apply to every aspect of my life. So far some areas are easier to conquer than others, but working on it is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...