Monday, April 26, 2010

Whoa, what a difference a mile marker can make!

This past Friday my sister, her husband and I went to Pueblo to see my Grandfather who was hospitalized after suffering a heart attack. I am happy to report that the spunky 80-year-old is very much back to normal and wanting to get back on his tractor as soon as possible.


When my sister and I got the news about my Grandfather Thursday morning, there was no question that we would be there by his side soon. We knew there was nothing we could do, but sometimes having someone to pass the time with is just as important!


Little did we know when we decided to leave first thing in the morning Friday, that we would run into some major weather. Normally the cruddy weather wouldn't be a problem as the Colorado Department of Transportation is pretty good about taking care of the roads but on this particular day, little to nothing had been done to the roads.

I'm not sure if the storm came too fast for CDOT or they were just totally unprepared, but the roads down to Pueblo were nothing short of hazardous! Here's a pic near mile marker 190:



I have never seen I-25 not plowed! It was like driving in a dream...




This pic is about 50 miles South of the first one near mile marker 138...









Crazy Colorado weather definitely keeps us on our toes! Being a Native, I have seen a lot of weather changes but this has got to be one of the most drastic I have EVER seen, anywhere!

By the time we made it to Colorado Springs and there was no sign of severe weather it felt like we were driving in a different state.

Thanks to my brother-in-law for braving the roads for my sister and I so we could be home with my Grandfather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...