Friday, March 26, 2010

I've Never Been Good at the Numbers Game

Numbers have never been "my thing". When I was younger, I would do anything to get out of math homework, literally anything! Lately there's one number in particular that keeps bothering me, the number 28. It's my age.


Turning 28 didn't bother me and I don't really think it's the age that does. It's when people ask me how old I am, I have to sit back and think..."How old am I?"



(photo courtesy: westga.edu)
It's a bit ridiculous!


I think it's because I don't feel 28. I feel more along the lines of 25 or 26-years-old. I know it's silly because it's just a number but I still feel strange saying I am 28. I also know that by no means, is 28-years-old, old...but I have a hard time believing I am this old sometimes.

By the time my mother was 28, she had both me and my sister and had been married for seven years. Times have changed, this I know, but I can't imagine having a husband and two children at this point in my life. When I see old friends from high school with their children it startles me until I realize that, yep, we're old enough to have kids.

Another thing that scares me is that 2010 marks my 10-year high school reunion. It feels like I just graduated from Colorado State, not that I started my academic career 10 years ago. Not sure why all of this freaks me out, it's normal...right?!

Maybe I'll start telling everyone I'm 26, just for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...