Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Challenge, Day 2

I made it through Day 1 of the Whole Living 28 Day Challenge Action Plan. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting which is a good thing! The Green Smoothie was a little different and next time I make it I will use the liquefy button on the blender, no more chewing my smoothie for me!


Today's smoothie is my own blend of frozen mixed fruit, diet cranberry juice and water and it is SO good!

So far, the food part of the plan is the only one I've stuck with. I don't want to take a media break. I only watch 2-3 hours of TV a day and that's how I relax at the end of the day so I'm not taking it away. However, I did crawl into bed earlier last night.

It was partly due to my being cold but also I was exhausted. I decided to go to the gym last night and worked out on the elliptictal machine for an hour. My friend Anne met me so it was more of a gab session than an intense work out which I'm thankful for because I don't think I could have done it! I had pretty low energy by the end of the day but it did feel good to go and do something. Today, I'm planning on heading home after work and doing pilates along with the yoga release and back strengthener positions in the magazine.

I feel pretty good today, but I think day 2 may be a little harder than day 1 so I'll have to re-evaluate at the end of the day.

I'm also looking at expanding my menu. At first, I thought I could make it with lettuce and chicken but this girl does not survive on lettuce alone! I'm heading to the grocery store at lunch to pick up a few items for the recipes below:

Avocado & Lime

Spicy Cauliflower

Sweet Potato with Coconut

For dinner tonight, I think I'll have half a grilled chicken breast, half a roasted sweet potato with rosemary and a salad. Yummy...I'm hungry just thinking about it!

27 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...