Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Year and Some Change

Wow! I can't believe it's been more than a year since I posted a blog. A lot has changed in my life, I'm in a better, more creative space and I feel like this is something I want to do again. Last year was a year of transition for me both professionally and personally. I was working a job that I felt was slowly eating away my soul and at the same time I met a wonderful man and fell head over heals in love. 2014 was my yin and yang year.

For the last two and a half months I've been plugging away in corporate America and couldn't be happier! This job is everything I've wanted; people who like to work but who also realize that there's a life outside of work. Good things do come to those who wait! Another change for me has been my attire. I've noticed that people in the corporate world dress a whole, heck of a lot better than those who work in non-profit. I've been trying to step up my game but it can be difficult and I've found that I'm in some what of a rut.

I've been thinking for a while that I wanted to get back to blogging but wasn't sure what I wanted to write about then, like a lightening bolt it hit me. I'll write about what I wear. It will be a nice way to ease back into blogging while holding me accountable to be more fashionable.


This will count as outfit 1, day 1 (mainly because I was sick yesterday and my pj's don't count). I got the black pants at a Banana Republic outlet last month and believe it or not, the button down shirt is from JCPenney circa 2004. My parent's bought it for me when they took me career-clothes shopping (A little different than school clothes shopping but not really) and I still rock it more than a decade later. What can I say, I'm a hoarder.

Tonight's bedtime routine is bound to be much more interesting for Presley as she'll have a front row seat to my What Will I Wear Tomorrow fashion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...