Friday, November 2, 2012

Gratitude Challenge

Yesterday my Facebook feed was filled with friends who are doing a gratitude challenge. The challenge is to share what your grateful for over the next 30 days. I LOVE this idea but instead of posting to Facebook, I'll be sharing what I'm grateful for here, mostly because I have a lot to say but also because I want to include pictures. I challenge you to do the same.

November 1 - I'm grateful for my pup Presley. 

She is the sweetest Carkie in the whole world and coming home to her is often times the best part of my day. She's taught me to not be so selfish, the true meaning of unconditional love and she usually makes me giggle at least once a day.

Yesterday was her five week check-up with the vet and she's been cleared for stairs. This is also something I'm grateful for since she hates being carried anywhere and can really put up a good fight for only being 11 pounds.


I think she is smiling in this pic.

November 2 - I'm grateful for my job.

And not only having a job which I know is a blessing in and of itself, but having a job that I actually like and care about. When I was a journalist I never imagined that I would one day, in the not so far future turn to a life in the public relations realm. However, I'm happy that I listened to my sister's advice and although it was scary, followed my heart. Since beginning my career in PR nearly five years ago I've been lucky enough to work for a man who's well respected within the industry, kind and an incredible teacher. And after the loss of my Mother it was fate that landed me at the American Cancer Society's door. I learned so much during my three years there and am very grateful for that opportunity. And now working for a blood bank in Colorado, something I NEVER thought I would say, has been both rewarding and challenging. I didn't think those two words would describe my work life after leaving journalism but I am so happy that they once again do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...