Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fast Forward Your Life


The other day while I was filling up my gas tank, an older man pulled up, got out and began doing the same. I was on a break from work and usually at these times, my mind is a black hole. So, I started thinking about what it would be like to know how your life turned out. Would people want to know or not? Would people do things differently or not? Would it make society a better place...probably not!

While I was staring at this man, I began thinking about the things he's been through in his life and whether or not he felt like he's experienced pretty much what he wanted to, or if he's like my generation and there was still a mile long laundry list of things he wanted to see, people he wanted to meet and places he'd like to go.
I wonder if I'll accomplish all the things I want to by the time I reach a certain age. And, if I don't how will I feel about it. My goals, aspirations and dreams have changed sevearl times over the past five or so years, but there are some sticking points that I'm holding myself to.
  1. I've never had soft shell crab and desperately want travel back East and try it fried


  2. I've never been to Europe but feel the need to go, see and do


  3. I've never been married and would like to be, someday


  4. I have no children but do have a dog, however don't want to be crazy dog lady


  5. I really want to learn how to play a musical instrament, it's important to me but I'm not sure why


  6. I'd really like to hike a 14er - I'm from Colorado -

Yeah, those six items don't really seem too difficult to fulfill but in 27 years, I have yet to do any of them. I wish I could fast forward my life to see what I actually do!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. As matter of fact I have read a few of your posts on this blog and they are all great. I'm in my 40's and still have a 'list' I would like to complete. I feel like I have been carrying it around in my back pocket for too long now but somehow life always seems to get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Thanks! That's so nice of you to say because I didn't think anyone was reading anything I wrote!

    I keep adding things to my list, but I guess that's good, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...