Monday, August 8, 2011

Numbers 2 & 19

Yesterday I was able to scratch two things off my 30 Before 30 list; #2 go to Jazz in the Park and #19 go on a picnic with Presley.

Jazz in the Park is like one big outdoor picnic/tailgate/hangout and it's a blast! Too bad yesterday was the last one of the summer. Sunday was my first time to Jazz in the Park but I definitely want to go again next summer. It was fun to see what people brought with them to the park...some had really elaborate set-ups with full bbq's, wine and an assortment of salads and some just had coolers of beer. There were also a lot who had games like cornhole and some even played volleyball. It was a perfect place to people watch!


Sunday was such a warm day that it felt really good outside by the time Jazz in the Park began, at 6 p.m. and stayed warm pretty much until we left a little after 8 p.m. There were a lot of cruiser bikes and a bit of a hipster vibe, but there was also a nice mix of people; young and old that really balanced out the crowd.

I went with my friend Kate and Presley. Above you can see Presley sniffing all the snacks. And, below you can see that there weren't too many of them!

I had planned on doing sammies or something more substantial for dinner but I went to Pueblo over the weekend to visit my Dad and by the time I got home I didn't have much time to do anything besides grab some snack bags and throw them in my backpack. Also, the power at my house went out right before I had to leave to meet Kate so I had to figure out how to manually open my garage door and by the time I did that, I was running late.


Presley loves people watching just as much as I do and she's such a good little pup, I'm happy I was able to take her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...