Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Number 20 aka Visit The Big Easy

While I wasn't able to cross of Number 20 - Go to Mardi Gras before I was 30, I did make it to The Big Easy before I hit 30 and a half!

I was lucky enough to have my sister on this trip. Here's a pic of our travel outfits. Totally unplanned, but totally typical of us. Since we go shopping together a lot, we have several of the same things (even when we don't go shopping together we end up with very similar items, weird!) and often wear them at the same time. I was already dressed and packed when she got to my house and we walked out looking like the bobbsey twins.



Here's our hotel, the Royal Sonesta. It was located at 300 Bourbon St., right in the heart of the action!

And our room. Isn't it spectacular? One thing that made it so special was the floor it's on. It's located on the R Club floor which is the very top floor and only accessible with your room key. Another nice thing about the R Club is cocktail hour every day from 5 -7. I will miss cocktail hour very much!

Here's the main entrance to our hotel, the fresh flowers were everywhere and so pretty! To the right of this photo is a Jazz Club called Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse. We went to a show there Monday night and it was pretty great.



Since I've been wanting to visit New Orleans for, pretty much like ever, I have several photos and stories that I'll be sharing in the days to come. It's entirely too much for one post. Also this way, I get to sort of relive the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...