Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 14

With running around after work on Friday and the Denver Broncos playoff game Saturday, this weekend was a bust as far as the challenge was concerned but good otherwise!

I had so many errands to do after work on Friday and by the time I was finished I was tired and hungry which in turn made me grumpy. And what's my cure for the case of the crabbies? Crazy Bread from Little Caesars. It was delish and I loved every single bread stick!

The Crazy Bread went to my head and I was scared that it was headed south (towards my bum region) so I got up early Saturday and headed to boot camp at the gym. I am still feeling the effects of the intense workout today and loving it!

Saturday was also the Broncos/Patriots playoff game and I went to a friends house to watch. I enjoyed the most tasty beer I've ever had in my life along with some delish ribs and homemade mac'n'cheese. I could have cared less about the challenge and it felt good!

Sunday, I tried to get back on track but cloudy January days call for coffee and that's exactly what I did. I woke up, brewed some diesel and turned the tube to the Food Network . It was one of the more relaxing and enjoyable Sunday mornings I've had in a long time!

You can see that today, I'm still stuck on joe. However today is finally the day for our large event and I needed the extra jump this morning - back to smoothies tomorrow!

And for lunch, I brought the leftover of last night's dinner, shrimp and whole grain rice medley with cilantro pesto and broccoli. Needless to say, I can't wait for lunch.

After much thinking and feeling guilty, I decided to stay with the challenge and make a few exceptions, like coffee and some good carbs. No more Crazy Bread for dinner nights, but a little pasta never killed anyone!

This week, I plan on making Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca (sans the Prosciutto), Creamy Broccoli - White Bean Soup, and trying to stay on track with no added sugar or processed food. Wish me luck!

14 days to go...half way through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...