Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dau 10

Yesterday was insane. It snowed more than four inches when it was supposed to only snow one inch, so the roads weren't plowed and people acted like they've never driven in adverse weather before. Then once I got to work, it was one thing after another and I didn't have time to breathe, let alone post!

Scarlet said it, After all tomorrow is another day, and I believe it!



Last night I made 13 bean soup. However, I got this batch from the bulk bin at my local Sunflower Market and it has rice in it. Now I remember why I only made it once last winter. It was okay, but I'm going back to the strictly bean 13 bean soup next time.


On the menu today, I brought some leftover bean soup, however it's now 2:51 p.m. and I haven't had time for lunch yet. I guess I could have skipped the post and had lunch but I'm not all that hungry and here's why. See the smoothie? I brought the peanut butter and banana smoothie today and I made enough for two servings. I'm planning on having the second half in a little bit here before I head to to the gym :). I also stuck an apple with my homemade almond butter and two cuties in my lunch sack. All that's left is the bean soup.


On another note, my homemade almond butter is better than anything I've found in a jar! And, it was super easy and when almonds go on sale, it's super affordable! The bonus is that I know all of the ingredients...almonds and that's it!


Tonight I am cheating and I don't care! I got some spinach and parm chicken sausages last time I was at the store and it's been in the back of my mind. So, tonight I'm giving in by making pasta, the chicken sausage and topping it off with vodka sauce. Yum-o, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...