Friday, August 5, 2011

Number 21 - Attend an interior decorating class or seminar

I'm a little late in updating my 30 Before 30 list, so I do apologize, but it's been a beautiful summer here in Denver and sometimes I am also a procrastinator.

So, it was in June, I think, I tagged along with my sister to a fashion/interior decorating seminar in the Northfield/Stapleton area and it ended up being a huge inspiration.

After the seminar, I decided to spruce up my living space by getting new curtains and throw pillows that would help add a splash of color to my pretty neutral space.

I know it looks like it from this picture, but no, my walls are not white but a very light beige and I do have an accent wall opposite the couch so there's more color in the room than you would think from this pic!

I got the throw pillows at the HomeGoods store off Arapahoe Rd. It's one of the best of it's kind I've found because it's huge and the selection is amazing without being overwhelming.


I especially love how this pillow looks with my zebra chaise lounge!

And finally, I got the two-tone curtains because I think they tie the whole area together really well. I used to have just brown curtains hanging in their place but really do prefer the color and light that these new, fab finds, bring in the house.

While there are still some updates, etc. that I'd like to do to my townhome, I am pretty happy with the way things have turned out and the placement of my furniture and the colors I chose more than two years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...