Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Challenge, Day 4

The picture below is last nights dinner...Yummy! I made the Spicy Cauliflower that I found on the Whole Living website. I did cut the recipe in half and didn't have a few of the ingredients on hand, but I made do. Martha would not approve but she's also not stocking my pantry! Instead of the small red chilies I used roasted Pueblo chilies and it added just the right amount of heat. I also omitted the the mustard seeds and ginger. I have ginger at home but didn't think it would taste very good with the roasted Pueblo chilies. Along with the cauliflower I had half a chicken breast and it was delish!
After my meal I didn't even want anything sweet! It's amazing. And today I'm not near as tired as I was yesterday although I am still counting down the days until I can have coffee again! I was pretty beat after Zumba class last night. By the end of the hour I could barely move my feet as fast as needed! It was embarrassing but it felt good to dance and sweat out the day.

For today's menu, I'm having the second half of last night dinner, a green apple with peanut butter and a green smoothie broken into two servings. I did blend it better today and it's much more enjoyable. Something I may even consider making again! It loosely resembles the Odwalla Superfood Drink.


For today's mind portion of the 28-Day Challenge, you're supposed to create a routine. Well, Presley and I already have a pretty good one! We love to go to bed early and spend quite time together all snuggled up, especially in the winter. As for the Opt out of Office Gossip, that will be easy because I've never gotten involved in that at my current position and I plan to keep it that way!

I actually think that the challenge is harder on her because she's having to eat her doggie food as there aren't as many choices from my dinner plate. She'll take a piece of lettuce and roll it around in her mouth, but she's more of a carnivore.


25 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...