Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Challenges

For the start of 2011, I am taking part in the Whole Living Action Plan 28-Day Challenge. Today is Day 1 and I began my Monday morning not with my typical cup of joe, but instead with this:

It's the Green Smoothie which includes Kale, parsley, one banana and a green apple. I brought it with me to work at 8 this morning and am still working on finishing it. The consistency is a little jarring at first, but you get used to it and it actually is pretty tasty! For the rest of the day, here are my meals:

Lunch will be a salad with some left-over pork roast (a piece about the size of my smart phone), and my snacks will be a green apple with peanut butter (I'm not sticking with the plan where it calls to cut out peanut products) and another shake later on in the afternoon.

I think this will be a good thing, but we'll see if it is or just another good sounding, bad idea! So far, the most difficult part of the process has been cutting out caffeine, but I'm hoping that over the next 28 days, I will be more alert, clear-minded and not as dependent on coffee as I was just one week ago.

I will be using the blog as a way to track my progress and also talk about the challenges and triumphs that come with The Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...