Friday, January 21, 2011

The Challenge, Day 19

Today's challenge is to create your own cookbook. I sort of already have this. Like my Mother, I like to clip things out of magazines, print recipes I find online and stick them all in binders. The only hard part about this is remembering to actually look at these binders! I admit that sometimes I get stuck in food ruts and eat the same things day in, day out but when you live alone sometimes it's more of a pain to make a meal than to just stick with what's easy.

Another challenge for today is to Save the Date. I desperately need to get better at keeping up with my friends. I have some really incredible friends who I miss because neither of us are very good at keeping in constant contact. However, when I do see or speak to these people it's like no time at all has passed and to me, that's true friendship!

The other part of the challenge is going fine for me, although I must admit I'm not really sticking to it anymore. I'm still trying to eat more fruits and veggies daily but have had some drinks and am eating things I shouldn't. BUT...I am still watching the portion control and not going overboard on the sweets. I did weigh myself at the gym last night and I've lost 6 pounds since the beginning of the challenge with minimal effort! I've only worked out maybe 2 times a week and not really vigorous workouts either. I'm ready to pump it up at the gym in the next coming weeks and hopefully hit my weightloss goal!

One more week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...