Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Challenge, Day 17

Sorry about the lack of posts, but I had a busy weekend then MLK Day off and yesterday was a little hectic after the wonderful three-day weekend!

Here's what's been happening with me and The Challenge:

  • I've reintroduced most foods and am especially loving coffee again
  • While I have had some added sugar, I must admit I haven't had the cravings like I once did so I'm shedding pounds and feeling great
  • I've tried really hard to be more mindful of things I'm doing and trying to live in the moment, so far I think I'm succeeding
  • I've also tried to be remind myself, especially when things aren't going so well, that I have a great life and practice gratitude. This is now something I try and do everyday
Today's mini challenge is to Boost Heart Health with Fats and Flavor. I have been using a lot more herbs in the dishes I've been making and am really loving it! I roasted a sweet potato and some mini carrots the other night and at the end of their baking time I added about a tablespoon of honey and it was amazing! It really complimented the rosemary and thyme and I can't wait to have the leftovers tonight!

Today's plan also includes getting some cardio in. I'm planning on meeting Anne for some zumba tonight and I'm really excited about it! Doesn't take much these days does it...

11 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...