Friday, January 14, 2011

The Challenge, Day 12

I know I've said this before, but I truly think part of this challenge for me was learning my correct portion size. For instance, last night I made a chicken breast with fresh herbs and pared that with my left over pasta from the Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca. I was perfectly satisfied with having half the chicken breast and pasta and the other half today for lunch.

I didn't start this challenge as a way to lose weight. I started it because frankly I was bored and after reading about it in Whole Living, I wanted to see if I could do it. I also wanted to see if if could help me with the brain fog I was experiencing before the holidays and I can actually say I think it has. While I miss my daily coffee and can't wait to get back on the caffeine boat, I can honestly say I don't feel like I need it. However, this was not sentiment before the holidays. My eyelids needed to be held up by toothpicks before I had my daily cup'o'joe and now I have a lot of energy all day and am loving it. So, I'll ease back into my coffee routine and will be more careful as to not become dependent of it.

Today's online challenge is to Shift your focus and be grateful instead. I know I can do this! It is easy to get lost in the day-to-day drag and forget about how lucky we all are, but I think I do a pretty good job of being grateful for the things I have and not taking things for granted.

Another of today's assignments is to experiment with stress relief. I know what works for me...going to the gym. I need that physical exertion at the end of the day to make me feel better and forget all the crap that seeped into my mind. And for the day's meal plan, I'm sort of sticking to it. I had half a smoothie, a whole grain english muffin, left overs from last night and I'll have a green apple with peanut butter in a few minutes. On tap for dinner is a grilled herb crusted chicken breast with roasted root veggies. But instead of having the whole chicken and sweet potato, I'll break it into two meals.

16 days to go...

BTW, I'm going to weigh myself at the gym tonight. I feel like I've lost some weight and am excited to see if I did without trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...