Monday, March 8, 2010

Local Things I Love

I'm lucky to live in Colorado, I know, but I've even luckier to realize all the amazing things Colorado offers as well as the businesses the wonderful people who live in this state have developed.

1) When my feet are happy, so is the body they're dragging around... that's why I love Melt's foot butter. It makes my tooties feel so refreshed and I also love the fact that all their products are handmade in Colorado!

2) If you know me, you know that one of the things I love doing most is eating. Whether I'm cooking, grabbing take out or having a fabulous meal with my friends or family, food makes me happy! Few places are as memorable as Lucile's Creole Cafe. I first discovered the biscuits the size of one's head while attending Colorado State University. My boyfriend and I at the time were nursing a hangover and Lucile's was the perfect antidote.

3) Another favorite of mine is, Snooze. If you've ever been there, you know what I'm talking about and if you haven't had the fortune of indulging in their pancake flight, then you my friend are missing out! It was a fast family favorite that my sister actually discovered for us and didn't become the desirable location it is today until the losers who were the Real World Denver cast made it their regular hangout. It's understandable why they loved it, anyone who's been there loves it, but I wish they would have saved this jem for the locals, the natives, the people who deserve to eat there.

Is it sad that most of the favorite places I can name off the top of my head are food related? Maybe, maybe not...

4) My last local favorite is Paper Wares. They don't have a website because they don't need one. I found the invitations I used for my sister's personal shower and my friend Luz's lingerie shower there and both designs are stunning. They have the best selection of invites and the women who work there are some of the kindest, most creative people I've run into.


I love my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...