Thursday, September 17, 2009

Learning to say No

Saying "NO" isn't something I do very well. My sister says it's because I feel like I have to be nice to everyone. I'm not sure I agree. I think I want to be viewed as the go-to-gal, the co-worker with all the answers and the friend who never lets you down. Maybe my sister's right.


However, today was a big step for me in that I said "No". And it was to a request at work. It was tough, but I felt it was something that simply needed to be done. Now, before you think I'm a horrible employee, know that I only said no to someones request for me to do their work. It felt good, but now I feel guilty. Maybe it's just first-timer's remorse and saying no will eventually get easier with time?


I'm not sure where my need to be everything to everyone comes from, but some days I must take a step back and say "NO!" I'm learning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...