Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Searching for Inspiration

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, but never could commit. That's what it feels like, this whole blogging thing, a bit of a commitment. Knowing that to have a successful blog, one must update frequently, however I finally think I'm ready for it.

I've been searching for a creative outlet since leaving reporting, yes I've been searching for nearly 3 years, and this may be it. I've never been one to journal. I feel silly sitting down and writing in a book but for some reason, don't feel that silly while writing today. Weird.

One of the most difficult things about beginning this blog was what the name of the blog should be. I did my homework, I searched Technorati looked at the suggested blogs listed on blogspot and even asked a few friends for suggestions. I didn't want one of those blogs that's obscure before it even has its first post. It wasn't until I opened my email and found the Urban Word of the Day starring at me, that I knew this is where my search should begin.

I looked through a couple of pages then came across the acronym GSBI or Good Sounding Bad Idea and knew I had found the name of my blog. For the record, the official Urban Dictionary term is as follows:
"An idea that sounds exciting or plausible, but upon further thought or execution is revealed to be astoundingly dumb and/or dangerous."
This defines many moments of my life and too many ideas to mention.

Often I come up with, what are at the time amazing ideas, then when it comes time to implement them, they're quite the opposite of amazing. I'm hoping that's not what this blog turns into, but only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...