Thursday, November 29, 2012

Gratitude Challenge - Day 30

November 30 - I'm grateful for new experiences.

I'm so grateful that my parents instilled in me at a young age, a sense of adventure and curiosity about the world around me. I love to try new things, go new places and add to my list of experiences. I'm definitely not one of those people who says, I'll do anything once, because there are something that I simply will not do but it's my prerogative. Anyway, I'm so grateful for 1) the urge to want to try new things and 2) the ability and courage to do so. Here are a few of my favorite "new" experiences:

 I had such a great time in New Orleans, exploring and mostly eating my way through this amazing city!
 I really like hiking and this July 4th I was able to convince my Dad & Sis to come along. I liked it because we'd never been to this park before and it was a trail that none of us had ever done.
 Climbing Pikes Peak is one of the things I am most proud of to date. It was so difficult, but totally worth it and I think after a summer off, I'm ready for another 14'er.

 I really don't care for snow or to be cold, but I had always wanted to try snowshoeing. I'm so happy that I did because I had a blast! It was so fun, a great work out and I never got cold.
 This summer my Dad and I rode this train and it was so much fun and so beautiful. We spent most of our time in the open car near the caboose and it's definitely something I'll never forget!
 Live radio. It's scary. And because I used to be a broadcast journalist people don't believe me when I say that live anything (TV or Radio) scares me. At least when I was a reporter/anchor I had a script. When I'm doing interviews it's a whole different ballgame and you really have to be on your toes. Sometimes I feel sorry for the people I used to interview, I never knew how difficult it was being on the other side.
This is me and Presley participating in a cancer rally at the Colorado State Capitol. I love being involved and having my voice heard.
I've driven through Aspen but never stayed and this summer that changed. It was beautiful, fun and the perfect getaway with one of my best friends. Mountain air does something to you, something good. It's as if I'm Scarlet saying I need to go back to Tara but a trip to the high country can really re energize you.

I hope that I never lose my sense of adventure and always ask questions. The man I marry will also have to have these qualities because I plan to spend a good part of my retirement in a RV/boat/plane/bus/bike/ATV/hot air balloon exploring the world.

I've had so much fun doing this gratitude challenge, but it's day 30 and it's done. On to find something new and exciting.


“Do one thing every day that scares you.”  ― Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...