Monday, February 27, 2012

Number 1 - Snowshoeing

I haven't been 30 for 30 days yet, so I'm still checking this off my 30 Before 30 List. Still with me, or did I lose you in my alliteration?


Well, I honestly didn't know what to expect, however snowshoeing was a lot more fun than I would have imagined! Even though I'm a Colorado Native, I'm not much into Winter sports. I much prefer to be outdoors when the weather is above 75 degrees. But I may have to start making an exception because this was seriously fun!


We did a two mile loop at Meyer Ranch Park near Conifer, CO. When we started, it was freezing and the wind was so cold I thought this would be a miserable experience, but once we got into the woods and we couldn't feel the wind anymore, it was a really nice hike that even got hot!



I did this adventure with my girl friends, Erin and Leslie and it was a super fun girls outing!



The only thing I didn't really care for, was that I found it difficult to look around while walking in the snowshoes. I felt like I looked at my feet for an hour straight. Maybe that's because this is a very new sport for me and I'm not 100%, or if I'm being honest 40%, comfortable in the snowshoes yet (I did fall a lot!) but I like to look around when I'm hiking. Hopefully the more I do this, the better I will get.




Luckily there was snow, I was worried because Saturday was so nice and a lot of melting happened in the city, but there was definitely enough for us to romp through.




I think I look pretty natural...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...