Wednesday, June 1, 2011

10 Weeks to a 5K

It's number 12 on my 30 Before 30 list and today is National Running Day, so I guess there's no better time to begin. But...eeek! This is scary! Can I really do the 10 weeks to a 5K challenge?

I know that while I physically can, it's the mental part that is going to be hard! I grew up playing softball and throwing the shot put. I do not like to run for fun. Never have, never will! But, I think I will do this! I do like that Cooking Light has it broken down for me in a training schedule available online. It takes the guess work out of it and makes things seem pretty simple. I'm good at following directions!

If you look at the online training schedule, you'll see that it recommends starting on a Tuesday which, quite frankly, makes me ecstatic and gives me a couple of days to talk myself into this! I'll be blogging about my experience, basically so it keeps me honest, but also for the encouragement.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...