Monday, May 2, 2011

Adventures Around Town

Last Friday I went with my sister to a member's only viewing of the new exhibit at the Denver Botanic Gardens called Native Roots Modern Form. I've never been to the Botanic Gardens in town so it was really fun for me to walk the grounds and look at everything.

This pic is from the tropical greenhouse. The plants inside were amazing not to mention that it was warm inside the greenhouse and it felt pretty good!


I wish that my sister would have let me take her picture, but this is all I could get of her. Here she is looking at the map, trying to figure out where we should go next. Normally I don't think we would have needed the map, but it was really chilly and I didn't feel like walking around all day!

This is one of Allan Houser's sculptures and one that I really like. This is made out of bronze, isn't it amazing what artists are able to do!

This is another of the sculptures I like although the fact that it doesn't have eyes sort of creeps me out...

This is another of my favorite pieces. I bet it's spectacular at night with the lights around it making it the focal point of the hill.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...