Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Jumped on the Blog Bandwagon

Every morning, before I dig into work and after I take my first sip of coffee, I check my Google Reader. It's one of my favorite internet things and would spend half my day searching for my daily blog reads without it! Yesterday while I was perusing, I saw a posting on the Yellow Brick Blog about Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips.




I've seen them in magazines and thought they were pretty cool but hadn't known anyone who's tried them. After a glowing review, I knew I needed to get them immediately! So here's my review:

They're okay. They're not the best thing I've ever tried and they're not the worst. Perhaps my mishaps are all operator error. If you know me, you know I lose interest in things rather quickly. For example, I get so tired and bored when making chocolate chip cookies that by the time the last batch is ready to be put on the cookie sheet, it looks more like one big cookie because I just can't be bothered with teaspooning them out anymore!


Back to topic... I think they look cool and I took some tips from Amber's Notebook when applying because like her, I found that the polish strips didn't really like sticking to my nails. I did follow the directions to a "T" but still had difficulty in the application. This is why I used the Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in Invisible, which I adore anyway! I think adding the top coat has helped my nail polish strips stay in place.



There was one incident this morning when I was blow drying my hair. My hair kept getting stuck in my pinky nail polish strip and it did come up a little but with another application of nail polish, I was back in business!


I also did what Amber, from Amber's Notebook did and instead of wasting so much of the strip, I used it on multiple nails which left me with an entire packet left. For future applications, I think I will only do one nail on each hand for an added pop of something special. I think I prefer actual nail polish to the strips, but it was fun to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...