Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Good Sounding, Bad Idea # 11

If you read my blog regularly, you're most likely asking yourself, "where are the Good Sounding, Bad Ideas 1 - 10?" Well, I haven't published them yet and maybe never will, hehehe.

Today is all about Good Sounding, Bad Idea # 11: Blind Dates

While blind dates sound fun because there is the possibility of meeting new people, blind dates never turn out the way you imagine in your head. Or at least they don't for me! This past weekend, my sweet friend from high school, Danny, set me up with a co-worker of his.

Perhaps the disaster was my mistake from the get-go.

  1. I NEVER asked to see a photo of this fella

and

  1. I let a guy friend set me up.

The only question I posed was, "Is he tall?" I am 5 feet 8 inches in flats and am not comfortable being the Nicole Kidman of a relationship. I like the men I date to be taller than me. Only once in my life have I dated a man who was shorter than 6 feet and it/he was a disaster!


Boys don't look at other boys the way girls look at boys, at least Danny does not. While the guy he had in mind for me was okay, he was not my type in the least. He was nice, but "it" wasn't there. There was no unspoken heat and you've got to have heat in your relationships!

To top off my fabulous blind date that I left early, but not early enough, I had a parking ticket waiting for me. I told my sister I think the Universe is trying to tell me something. I've had two parking tickets in two weeks. This, after seven years without a single driving citation. What's next?

I did learn my lesson, I will ALWAYS ask for a photo, if I ever decided to go on a blind date again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...