Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Number 10 - Go to Church

I am crossing things off this list, slowly but surely! This past Sunday, Palm Sunday, I attended Church. It's the first time I've been to Church in Denver and I liked it so much I'm going back next Sunday.

I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to get up the nerve to go. Maybe it's because the last house of worship I attended scared me a little. It was a Baptist congregation in Joplin. Enough said? Well, it turns out my values didn't match with other's in attendance, but I did a story about the Preacher's wife and she was simply too sweet to say no to, so I attended their church for about three Sundays before vowing never to return.

Mountview Boulevard Presbyterian is quite different. For starters, it's not located in the Bible belt of America and the values are much more in line with my own. It's also in the neighborhood that I'm moving into. I haven't signed any contracts yet, but within the year I will be moving and it's a nice feeling to know my Church will be down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...