Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Baby is 5 Today

Presley turns 5 today and it's hard to believe that I've had her for so long! I remember when I got the little skrunk, she was half her current size and only weighed four pounds.





Funny story about how I got her. I had just moved back to Colorado from Joplin, MO and was wanting a dog, a Yorkie in particular. I had been to the shelter a couple of times but there were only big breeds up for adoption. One day after I had been to the shelter with no luck, my Dad said he wanted to stop in a pet store on the other side of town, one where we never went. As soon as I walked through the door, I saw her little face and knew immediately that she was to be mine. She's half Cairin Terrior and half Yorkie making her a Carkie, but I could care less because she's 100% adorable and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

She is not the most photogenic dog, but she is the sweetest and boy does make me giggle!



I can honestly say that my little button butt has enriched my life in so many ways. She has made me a kinder, more caring person who appreciates things in a whole new way! I love my morning wake-up call of kisses and cuddles and hope there are many, many more years of them!



Happy 5th Birthday baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...