Friday, May 27, 2011

Number 25 - Make a Better Attempt to Keep My Garden Alive

Wow, I'm slamming through my 30 Before 30 list :) haha, not really but here's Number 25.

Last Sunday I visited Home Depot and let me just tell you now that Home Depot on a Sunday morning is my personal version of Hell. So many annoying people just standing around, in my way. Good thing I had my coffee before I went or I would have really let someone have it!


Above is a before photo of my backyard. In the right bottom corner is the lilac plant that I purchased. It's an Edward J. Gardner plant. It's a pink lilac, not the typical purple and white which I think will be nice! Also, it's a Spring & Summer bloomer so I'm really hoping that I can get something from it this year.
This year, I decided to just do flower seeds, not actual flower plants. Last year the flowers lasted for about a week, then Presley trampled them. Thank god I don't have a larger dog!

I also added some more mulch to some of the border. I added some to the lilac plant and also by the wheel barrow. Last year the flower seeds I put in the wheel barrow came in beautifully, so I'm hoping that they cover the border just as well this year!

I'll add some pics once things start blooming. Happy start to Summer!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...