Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fly Fishing

Last night was my first fly fishing class and I'm more excited than ever to begin casting! The class was so fun and the instructor is the nicest man who's knowledge of the sport is amazing!

Before the class began, I was very nervous but once we got started, I took to it, well, like a fish to water...haha!

Here's a picture of the knots I made. They're called Uni-knots and I must admit that mine were the best in the class, Bill the instructor, gave me a high-five for my outstanding efforts!


Now of course I know that my flies will be much, much smaller than this shark hook, but I plan on practicing tonight with some thread.

I'm so excited to head to Bass Pro at lunch today to get the rest of the supplies I need for the next class. In case you're curious, the list includes
  • Tapered Leader (4X)
  • Tippet (5X & 6X)
  • Fly Floatant
  • Clippers
  • Strike Indicators
  • Split Shot
  • Hemostat
  • Flies - a variety
This is one of the best birthday presents ever! Thanks to my Dad for buying the classes for me :) And here's to scratching another thing off my 30 Before 30 list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...