Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Brunch

This year I decided to host Easter brunch at my home. I was very nervous to do this because I've never hosted a holiday meal all by myself before. Last year my sister and I did a joint Thanksgiving which turned out great but doing an entire holiday meal all alone was a bit frightening!

Below is a picture of what I had set up. I did a cheese spread (herbed goat cheese, Dubliner cheese, horseradish with bacon cheese spread) a fruit spread (red seedless grapes, fresh pineapple, strawberries). The wine was a delish blush from the Abbey Winery in Canon City that my Dad brought up.

I also made a ham, asparagus, honey-ricotta turnovers, and my sister brought a wonderful pasta salad. She also made the desert that was a raspberry-lemon cookie thing which was pretty good!

I love spending time with my family and am lucky that we're all able to get together so often!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter celebration too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...