Friday, September 14, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

For this year's holiday weekend instead of watching the Rocky Mountain Showdown in Denver like I've done for the past 11 years, I decided to actually make the most of the long weekend.

My friend Danny and I headed West for the Aspen/Snowmass JazzFest. Mumford and Sons were playing Saturday, after the game, so it was actually perfect timing! We were able to catch the game in town, grab some grub and then head to the concert.

It was one of the best shows I've seen, but Mumford and Sons do put on a great live show. I think what made it extra special for me was the setting. It was so beautiful! I've been to numerous concerts at Red Rocks and my breath is always taken away when I enter that venue, but the mountains surrounding the field we were in, hands down, is one of the best "venues" I've been to.




And, an added bonus is that Mumford and Sons new video was filmed at Red Rocks so even though I didn't go to that show, I still feel like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...