Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Civic Center Eats

Today I met my sister and friend Danny downtown for lunch. We went to Civic Center Eats. Basically it's a lunchtime meeting place for local food trucks and it's pretty much heaven!


Below is the truck where I got my lunch. While there were a vast variety of sammis to choose from, I decided to choose an arepa. It's something I've never had before and something I've seen on the Food Network and definitely something I've been wanting to try.

The one I chose was a chicken and avocado something and whoa, it was good!

My sister (isn't she wonderful?!) decided to go with the Stick it to Me guys and her sammi was delish as well.

For desert, we shared a Maple Bacon ice cream sammi. It was a maple bacon cookie with maple bacon ice cream. It did taste a lot like maple but it's something I would get again!

And, since I don't have the pleasure of working downtown which means I don't have access to the food trucks on a regular basis, I had to get a cupcake to go. I follow the Cupcake Truck on twitter and am a fan on facebook but oddly enough have never had one, so... now I have and and am a true fan! They are as good as the hype.


This is something that I want to do again for sure! And, I already know what I'm trying next time so...Stick it to Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...