Friday, March 4, 2011

Canvas & Cocktails - Denver

Last night my sister and I finally made it to Canvas & Cocktails and it was a blast! We've had to reschedule twice so it was nice to finally be able to go and enjoy this with my sis!

If you don't know what Canvas & Cocktails is, it's exactly how it sounds. You paint while you booze. Admittedly, I was very nervous about doing this class. My sister is the creative one in the family, you'll see why later, and I was worried that my painting would turn out horribly. However, I was happily surprised that it turned out okay. It may be that I like it so much because it is mine and really what artist thinks their stuff stinks? You be the judge and if you hate it, keep it to yourself ;)


It's a really fun process, you start with a blank canvas and then the instructor guides you. Our background was dark so that was the first step for us, to cover the entire canvas in our dark, background color.

My sister chose to stray from the suggested colors of black and purple and I really love her choice! It's so pretty and was really different from what everyone else was doing! I told you she's the creative one!!!Ta Daaa...here's mine. Not so pretty, but it's part of the process. I tried to use different shades of purple and make my leaves different sizes, I think I accomplished this.

And, here's my masterpiece! I hung it on my wall last night and couldn't stop looking at it. I know, it's not Picasso, but I'm pleased!
And if you didn't know that my sister and I were as different as sisters could get, just look at our paintings. I think it's a good representation of our personalities and I can't wait for the next class we do together!

And yea, it's not the best pic of me, but cut me some slack, it was 9:00 p.m. on a Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant Valley Sunday

Have you ever heard the song by The Monkees, Pleasant Valley Sunday? Well, it's the tune that plays in my head nearly every time I ...